This 1 hour continuing education course focuses on the myths and facts of HIV and AIDS including the modes of transmission, statistics, prevention and treatment. Infection control procedures and post-exposure management for healthcare professionals are addressed as well as current Florida law in regards to confidentiality in testing, counseling, offering of HIV testing to pregnant
Participants will be able to:
- Distinguish between the myths and facts of HIV and AIDS.
- Identify three modes of transmission and methods of prevention of HIV.
- Identify specific populations at risk for HIV and AIDS globally and nationally.
- List the standard precautions healthcare professionals should take to prevent exposure to HIV and AIDS
- Identify the CDC recommendations for HIV testing
- List treatment options for HIV and AIDS
- Recognize the current Florida law requirements in regards to confidentiality and treatment of patients, women, and partner notification issues. CE Broker #: 50-14122
Continuing Education Units - CEUs
This program is offered for .1 ASHA CEUs (Introductory level, Related area).
We report the course completions of Florida license holders to the Florida Department of Health via the CE Broker system. In order to have your course completion reported, you must make sure that you include your license number with the prefix in front and no spaces.Other states may accept courses that are accredited by another agency or board. Be sure to check with your state association or licensing board.
CEUs are based on attainment of learning outcomes. Participants must complete the course, pass the assessment test with 80% accuracy and fill out the evaluation form in order to print their certificate on-line.
Refund Policy: Notification by e-mail of the reason you are requesting a refund must be done within 3 days after course registration. Refunds will be issued within 7 days after receiving the email notification.
Disclosures: The author is the President of OnlineCEUs.com. The author has identified no relevant financial relationship or relevant non-financial relationship with the subject matter being presented.
HIV/AIDS Myths and Facts Course Material
HIV/AIDS .pdf download
HIV/AIDS Myths and Facts Required Test
HIV/AIDS Myths and Facts Required Survey
HIV/AIDS Myths and Facts Student Information and ASHA Form
HIV/AIDS Myths and Facts CE Broker Form
HIV/AIDS Myths and Facts Course Completion Information