This text based ethics course for speech-language pathologists, speech-language pathology assistants and audiologists will focus on the presentation of an ethical decision making model, practical case studies with possible ethical dilemmas as well as resources and guidelines to help resolve those ethical dilemmas. Methods of reporting ethical violations and disciplinary actions will be presented. This material in this course is specifically geared towards speech-language pathologists, speech-language pathology assistants and audiologists and was written by a speech-language pathologist.
Participants will be able to:
- Differentiate between the definitions of ethics, morality and law.
- Identify 3 steps from an ethical decision making model.
- Identify the four principles of the American Speech-Language Hearing Association Code of Ethics.
- Identify examples of violations of the American Speech-Language Hearing Association Code of Ethics as well as the Texas State Board of Examiners for Speech – Language Pathology and Audiology, Code of Ethics.
- Identify solutions to ethical dilemmas that speech-language pathologists, speech-language pathology assistants, and audiologists face.
- List methods of reporting violations of various codes of ethics and disciplinary actions that may be taken.
Continuing Education Units - CEUs
This course is offered for 0.20 ASHA CEUs (Introductory level, Professional area).
CEUs are based on attainment of learning outcomes. Participants must complete the course, pass the assessment test with 80% accuracy and fill out the evaluation form in order to receive their certificate on-line.
Refund Policy: Refunds will be issued under reasonable circumstances when there is email notification within 3 days of course registration.
Ethics in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology Course Material
Download ethics .pdf of course
Ethics Required Final Test
Ethics Required Survey
Ethics Student information and ASHA Form
Ethics CE Broker Form
Ethics Course Completion
Very informative material
Very informative materialRead Less
Comprehensive. Thank you.
Comprehensive. Thank you.Read Less
I really appreciated the examples of ethics violations presented and explained in detail.
I really appreciated the examples of ethics violations presented and explained in detail.Read Less